Saturday, September 19, 2015

Board Games for Doctor Who Fans

Board Games Any Whovian Will Love



If you're looking at buying a gift for someone who loves our favorite Time Lord, Doctor Who and also enjoys board games then there are quite a few choices available to choose from. All of your favorite games seem to be available in a Doctor Who version from Monopoly to Trivial Pursuit and from Chess to Yahtzee. There's even a Doctor Who Board game to choose from.

NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Doctor Who Monopoly


Everyone loves Monopoly, don't they? It's certainly a classic from my childhood which I still enjoy and it's featured on a number of different shows and films over the years. I think it's because of Monopoly's popularity that there's not just one Doctor Who Monopoly game available, but several -



The 50th Anniversary game gives a nod to several of the Doctors with the collectible tokens including a scarf, bow tie, screwdriver, celery, recorder and umbrella, the game board itself features images of the first 11 Doctors on it. Unfortunately the release of this game in the US caused a few upset fans as the tokens were of poor quality, the manufacturer claims that this has been fixed and the version I've seen is of the usual Monopoly quality so hopefully the same is true of the one I've linked to above.

The Villain's edition has the following tokens - TARDIS, gas mask, 12th Doctor's ring, Pandorica, K-9 and River Song's diary. I'd like to be K-9 if I get given this set as I used to love K-9 when I was growing up and longed to own one of my own...........yes I've been watching the Doctor for a very long time.



As you can see from the picture the board features all of your favorite Doctor Who villains and it certainly makes you want to dive straight into a game don't you think? This version is definitely on my Christmas list, although as hubby doesn't really like Monopoly (silly man) I'll probably end up with one of the other games on my list instead!

I have only just come across the Regeneration version on Amazon and so I have no idea what it's like, but it has received a lot of favorable reviews. The tokens are apparently - the Fez, TARDIS, Sonic screwdriver, U.N.I.T. badge, the Moment and River Song's diary.

Doctor Who Chess





I must admit I'm not really that impressed with this chess set, but that's probably because I've seen some gorgeous looking chess pieces over the years and this doesn't really do it for me. Having said that I do know an 11 year old girl who thinks it's fantastic so I guess it depends on what you're after in a chess set.

Doctor Who Yahtzee



When the Doctor Who Yahtzee first came out you could choose between two different versions which was hard enough, but then at the San Diego Comic Com they made things even tougher by producing a third option! Which one is your favorite?



I love the idea of the Dalek as that reminds me of my early days watching Doctor Who with my little brother hiding behind the sofa when we heard those words, 'Exterminate, Exterminate!' A lot of people I know who are also fans would choose the TARDIS though as that is an enduring Doctor Who image. Even with the Pandorica version I think I'd still be torn between the first two - what about you?

More Doctor Who Games to Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment